Tuesday, October 29, 2013

NaNoWriMo Survival Kit Preparation + Local NaNoWriMo Kickoff Party

Okay, maybe survival kit is a bit of a stretch for what I've made. But I do really want to win NaNoWriMo this year. The depressing tone of my first post really made me think of how much I need to try this right now. Even if those 50,000 words turn out to be utter trash, I can at least have the pride of knowing that I tried.

Anyway! On to my survival list! 

  • Inspirational notebook: I've already used the notebook for outlining my novel during my lunch breaks at work. I'll also be needing it during the month of November for jotting down random notes when I just don't have time to type. 
  • AlphaSmart 3000: I just got this new baby in the mail today. I've wanted one for sooooo long, and I'm glad to have one for my novel writing experience. A portable keyboard with a no distractions interface for writing? Sign me up!
  • 3 boxes of Annie's Bunny Graham Friends: I need a delicious snack that at least has the pretense of being a bit healthier for me. 
  • A fresh store of Earl Grey tea: I also have some pumpkin spice coffee on hand. Caffeine is going to be need to power a number of critical junctions in this journey. 
Also, I attended my local municipality's Kick-Off Party. I got to meet some local Wrimo's along with getting some much needed social interaction with new people. We played a couple of party games with our novels then got a chance to just chat with each other.  Hopefully, I'll be able to attend the group's first official write-in for the season this coming Sunday. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment