Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 1 + 2

The past two days have been a blur of tea and text. I've been pushing myself, and I've written about 4550 words so far. I don't know if I can really describe how surreal that is to me. I haven't written fiction in so long. With all of the near panic attacks and fits of self doubt I had right at the beginning of day 1, I really thought I was sunk right then and there. But here I am having finished my word count for the past two days plus some extra AND having time to sit and write a blog post with yet more words. I can't believe I'm actually pouring forth this idea I've been beating around in my head for so long but never taking any action to put that idea into full words. It's just an amazing feeling of exhilaration, and I'll be proud of myself even if I don't get any further this month.

Tomorrow I'll be going to a local write in, so I'm looking forward to getting even more of this blaze done. I've also... 'customized' my AlphaSmart 3000 so I'll have to post pictures of that. Finally, if you want to be another one of my NaNoWriMo buddies, please check out my profile to cheer me on in my progress on my novel about fire ants and their trip to the United States, The Red Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment