Saturday, November 16, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 14 + 15 + 16

On the 14th and 15th, I found myself barely writing at all and being caught up in other aspects of life (read: World of Warcraft). So I found myself at the beginning of today with needing about 2,500 words in order to hit 26,666. I can proudly say that I've gotten down those 2,500 words that I needed so that I could hit the 25,000 word halfway mark and push beyond up to where I need to be by the end of today. I had initially hoped to rush through to 30,000 today, but I see a small chance of that happening before the end of tonight with how burnt I'm feeling right now, so I'll hopefully forge ahead to 27,000 and call it a night.

I got a large amount of my words down today while typing at my local library on my Alphasmart. I'm coming to really love that little device a little more with each use. Though the majority of my words haven't been on it, I love using it when I'm feeling really distracted and when I'm working in public. I also really enjoy how it doesn't get hot like my laptop does.

Finally, I also attended my local library's 'Write Club' today which was a fun lecture on how music can influence your writing. I already like to listen to music while writing and using it to amplify the emotion of a scene, but I did get some more ideas on how use music such as writing down which each scene what song I initially listened to to help me maintain the feel that I had when writing it the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment