Monday, November 11, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day 9 + 10 + 11

I'll be turning 24 tomorrow (yay!), so in anticipation of being trapped at work on my actual birthday, I spent my long weekend indulging in birthday fun which, while having some impact on my word count, hasn't caused me to get behind yet.

On Saturday, I finished part 1 of The Red Queen. Ah man, I was so excited to get the words for that mini climax down, and I didn't write much beyond my needed word count for that day. On Sunday, I went out and had a great time with my friends for the day. We ate at Genghis Grill which is basically an assemble your own food bowl place where they then grill the components and serve it with your choice of rice or noodle. I'm so happy that they cater to vegetarians and have a tofu option, so I totally indulged myself in a delicious bowl filled with steamed white rice. My fiance also was a sweetie and made me a soynut butter Reese's style cake as I'm allergic to peanut butter. Heaven! I miss the taste of peanut butter cups, so I'm always happen to have an approximation for a food that I used to love so much. Near the end of the day, I saw Thor: The Dark World at the theater. Hint: It was awesome! I then came home and read the second volume of the New 52 Aquaman series and the Green Lantern: Secret Origin that I grabbed second hand a while ago. 

So, what did all this fun yesterday net me? A big fat zero words. Luckily, I had enough words already to make the needed word count for that day, though I did lose the lead that I had on my words. Today, I spent a good part of the day actually making it to my new word count goal, though, the day isn't over yet and I may get some more done before I get in bed tonight to hit 20,000. I've been propelling myself forward with sugary, delicious coffee in the NaNoWriMo to go mug that I ordered to inspire myself. If When I win NaNoWriMo this year, I plan to order a winner's t-shirt. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment